newbie wanting to open a small field.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

newbie wanting to open a small field.

Post by lbuck on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:30 pm

hey every one, uhm, I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd jump right in and let you know that i am in hopes to open a paint ball field in northern Maine this summer. I have a good job and am not looking to use this as a money maker. I just love to play and so do my friends so I thought if I put together a small field we would have a place to play, I also want to make it open to the public because I think it would be a great rec activity for local people and give an alternative to golf as something to do in the summertime! Ive been collecting pretty much everything I need. Ive collected 16 tippmann 98s, masks,and have a small building for a store and rental bldg. I,ve talked with a lawyer about liabilities and have a waivier and release form and are working on forming a LLC. all I have left is the friggen hpa comp.! hopping to find sumpthing used. If any one has any ideas please let me know! or any ideas to help with a field opening then please feel free to suggest any thing. Thanks and I hope we will be playing at THUNDER VALLEY Nitro Paint Park this summer!
oH, Also, I was wondering if these prices sound on par or fair. I'm going to do a field only paint with day rentals of full gear at $25 with free hpa refills, with own gear, $10 and a $5 charge for air refills. and 40 to 50 per case of good paint. I've played where we paid big bucks for crappy paint and that was no fun as I'm sure you all know!

lbuck
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Re: newbie wanting to open a small field.

Post by Dylan on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:04 am

1st of all, welcome. Its always an exciting prospect of a new field in ME, cause that means more players and more paintball! The years haven't been to kind for paintball here and fields don't seem to have a long life when they are out for money. I think running a smallish field will do you just fine, and you can make a few bucks on the side running parties.

The HPA is going to set you back some cash though. A good compressor that will go up to 4500 psi in a reasonable time will range from $15,000 to $8000 depending on the condition and power. When talking with your lawyer be sure to talk to your city. If this field is a business, you must register it with the city as well.

Your prices seem reasonable and typical. Good Luck to you and hope to see you around here more. Oh and sweet field name.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
APPA# 63772
Dylan
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zimmjeff on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:42 am

where in northern maine?

zimmjeff
Old Timer & Supporting Member
Old Timer & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:10 am

you could just get your tanks filled at a dive shop or at a place that has a nice compresor. but i hope this works out for you. a big attraction for a field might be a mrpl style turny. Ur prices sound fair and it seems you have a true passion for wanting to make this happpen. I hope this works out and i will def be there this summer to support a new field.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"He can speak French... in Russian."
"He once had an an awkward moment, just to see how it feels."
"Sharks have a week dedicated to him."
"If he were to punch you in the face, you would have to fight off the urge to thank him."

he is The most interesting man in the world.
Tyler
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:35 pm

best of luck.... if you are thinking of doing a field, id talk to the field owners in Maine 1st and get some advice from them

2nd
WELCOME TO TEH SITE!!
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000208149548

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Welcome to the site and good luck on the field. If you ever need more tippmanns let me know, I will be selling a lot of great rental guns for a friend pretty soon.

Corey
Administrator

http://www.mainepb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lbuck on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 pm

thanks every one for the great welcome. I really hope that I can get the field up and going. I,ve already got some good advice from you all.

lbuck
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Corey
Administrator

http://www.mainepb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top