Yar! I be teh mightiest nub!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yar! I be teh mightiest nub!

Post by TehMightyPirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:01 pm

So, yeah, new to paintball, only played once but I love it. Looking to find more people/places to play it in the Bangor area. Got my own stuff, a pretty good newbie setup if I may say so just wish that there was more places to play other than V-town.
TehMightyPirate
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Yar! I be teh mightiest nub!

Post by Corey on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Welcome to the site and to paintball. Since you go to V-Town, I think you should try out D.O. Paintball. They are both in Vassalboro. And don't worry about being new to paintball, plenty of the people on here are new to the sport.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Corey
Administrator

http://www.mainepb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:17 pm

hello!! and welcome!

what you got for a set-up?
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000208149548

Back to top Go down

Post by TehMightyPirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Custom dyed Tippmann Triumph eXT marker
VL Force 200 ball hopper
Xray mask
62/30 aluminum HPA tank
20 oz CO2 tank
Padded butt plate
2 pod hopper pack
Tank pouch
and the UPS guy just walked in the door with my new remote connect. (the triumph is wonderfully balanced without the tank)

TehMightyPirate
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Perry#21 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:58 pm

nice, i have always wondered how those shoot.
A.Perry#21
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000208149548

Back to top Go down

Post by TehMightyPirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:31 pm

Quite well, it's all 98 internals with a egrip. It will put out 15 bps PSP full auto with no problems and it's fun to shoot. A little loud and supposedly it's a little on the high side of air usage but it's a very comfortable and easy to use marker.

The plastic shell is very well constructed but it is a pain to take it apart. I've had it apart 3 times so far and I've gotten it so I can disassemble and reassemble it in about 30-45 minutes. Once inside though it's quite nice, comes stock with a expansion chamber and the 98 internals are of course quite reliable.

The trigger unfortunately isn't very walkable at all, I haven't tested it but I bet I couldn't do more than 10 bps with it and probably only 8 bps sustained.

I haven't used it enough to know much more than that and I have nothing to compare it too but from what I've read online it performs like a $300 marker at the third of the cost the only downside being the lack of upgrades for it which makes it a great noob marker or backup marker but not much else.

If I ever run into you sometime I'll happily let you try it out for a round, the experienced players I've let use it so far have all said that they were surprised at how much they liked it. Honestly, I think it's a shame it died. I understand it's not a very good looking paintball marker (I love it thought) but I think it could have been a great rental or beginner marker. Though because it died you can pick these up for $30 online new.
TehMightyPirate
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Your dead serious, 98 internals? And I saw one at the lost event, any chance it was you?
Otter
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TehMightyPirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:02 pm

The grip, trigger and probably the sear and what not is different but the valve, bolt, barrel threading and probably more are all from the 98. You can find the breakdown of the marker here: http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/products/triumphext/Triumph_eXT_Schematics.pdf

EDIT: Oh, and no, it wasn't me, I've only played one day of paintball so far and that was down in PA with a Counter Strike clan I'm part of, they had a contest for the triumph and some other stuff and I won it (yay!).

Last edited by TehMightyPirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
TehMightyPirate
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Hmmm, Id say at least 60 percent is the same. Also, after 5 minutes, I notice that there very uncommon to find online. Lol. Have fun paintballing.
Otter
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TehMightyPirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:20 pm

otterbeme wrote:Hmmm, Id say at least 60 percent is the same. Also, after 5 minutes, I notice that there very uncommon to find online. Lol. Have fun paintballing.

Do you mean to buy or that people own because to buy they're not that hard to find at all but I don't think I've seen hardly anyone online that owns them. There's one guy on YouTube that has a video of one and there's some guy on eBay selling one he's painted but other than that they don't seem to exist on the net.
TehMightyPirate
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 pm

I remember when these came out at walmart. I wondered if they shot good.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Corey
Administrator

http://www.mainepb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TehMightyPirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Like I said above above the only bad thing about it is the lack of the walkable trigger. Though I forgot to mention that the egrip is very sensitive so you can actually sweet spot it just like a R/T with nothing but the recoil/vibration from shooting (which isn't bad, also I don't know what people are talking about when they say any paintball marker has recoil, now a 12 gauge, that has recoil)
TehMightyPirate
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:05 pm

well i play at a private feild in hampden, its most likley don for the year but its 1/2 hyperball and 1/2 speedball and we have a air tank fill station. ill tell next time we play, though we are probs done playing there for the year.
Tyler
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:49 pm

1 day? get out there and play some more! Smile

APPA# 63772
Dylan
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stuka on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Welcome
Hey I have a Triumph eXT also!

They shoot pretty decent for what they cost. I used mine this weekend at LOST (otter that was me with the "Black and Decker"! haha!).
Mine is a back up marker but I can always trust it to work. Wicked loud sonofabeech. Very Happy
stuka
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Otter on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh! But you were the captain of the green time with the ion, just didnt see you with it is why I got confused.
Otter
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stuka on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Yip, Ion in the AM, eXT in the PM. The eXT is the closest thing I have to a mechanical. I could have borrowed A's 40ft tippman 98, but I hate long markers.
stuka
Forum Prodigy
Forum Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum