Old School Rogue woods game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old School Rogue woods game?

Post by soheavy123 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Does anyone remember playing the rec ball at Rogue out in Limington or even wayy before that behind Bodges Variety playing the forts and trail games? It seemed when they were at their peak there was a good 50 people or more on weekends consecutively. Just curious if there are enough Maine ballers out there to organize an event somewhere where we could get at least 30 people for about 15 on 15. On another note, it would be badass to play some old school Hyperball.
soheavy123
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School Rogue woods game?

Post by stonehodg on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:15 pm

I remember the big games up in Limington. Seems to me that there were a couple all day games that had almost 100 people playing. There is one hyberball field left in ME, Adventure Sports in Dover-Foxcroft

stonehodg
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneShotHero on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Walk two miles to thes field lol
OneShotHero
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by hp_lovecraft on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 pm

I remember the original field in Limerick off stone hill road. He had that field from 96-98 or so.

It was only a small notch above renegade. There were no permenant structures. He filled tanks, and sold paint off the back of a pickup truck.

But Kirt was cool because you could tell he really loved the game. Too many field owners look at it like a business.... which they should, but don't actually play. It can make the game too sterile.

Kirt helped set up the MRPL, and offered discounted everything to members. Shame... ended up getting burned by the business.

hp_lovecraft
Recruit
Recruit

http://www.montneel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paintmann111 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm

I wonder if the fields are still there...who owns that land now?
paintmann111
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by soheavy123 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:59 am

Yeah I agree, it's too bad the end turnout with Rogue... I remember playing all over Maine for the MRPL events. I went down behind bodges about 5-8 years ago with some buddies and the fort was still there off that ATV trail and alot of the old school brush bunkers and sandbags and stuff... Not really sure who owns it... As far as the Limington field, i'm not totally sure but was told that he was leasing it off someone and they sold the land which forced the only field to be at the pro shop. Pro shop was badass with the old sup air field. I remember when they installed lights and one night midweek we had a scrimmage against another local team after store hours... Shortly thereafter he switched to scenario type wooden bunkers which was probably better for business attracting alot of new players. Still had a blast playing it but def. miss those old sup air days...
soheavy123
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Having the MRPL to play right here in Maine was really awesome. Kirt was definately instrumental in developing the league.
Are any of the Maine Thunder guys still playing for any active teams around here?
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Phat316Killer207 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Never Played Woodsball at Rogue but i did play my first Tournament there Mello Yello 03. wish the MRPL was still around Sad
Phat316Killer207
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by JSmith on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Field behind bodges- Kirt still partly owns that land, the issue was with the adjacent landowner. The bunkers are all still there but it can't be used because of the neighbor dude.

Field in Limington- Kirt just borrowed the land out there, the dude that owned it passed away or got really sick so the situation changed and it's not there anymore. We burned it all up in the sandpit, every dang bunker out there....

Not sure about any of the old Thunder guys, Bob Henkle used to play at rogue right up untill it closed. I would guess that some of them still get together with the Warthogs for renegade ball, but not sure.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Smith #22, general manager of:
SHIPYARD ALE PAINTBALL
Saco River Shipyard
Like us on Facebook!
www.shipyard.com
www.captneli.com
www.supplementedge.com
JSmith
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Xtreme on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:10 am

I see Bob Henkle at Scarborough fish and game IDPA pistol matches a few times per year.
He hadnt seen anyone else the last time I asked.

You burned up the old spool field in the sand pit?
Northern Xtreme
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by JSmith on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:20 am

Yeah, we burned up all the bunkers out there, hauled away anything that wouldn't burn. It was quite the project.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Smith #22, general manager of:
SHIPYARD ALE PAINTBALL
Saco River Shipyard
Like us on Facebook!
www.shipyard.com
www.captneli.com
www.supplementedge.com
JSmith
Mod & Supporting Member
Mod & Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by soheavy123 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Yeah it was great... Having a structured organization like that within the Maine paintball community really brought alot of players in and passion to the sport. Kirt is a really genuine guy and everyone involved did a great job. It would be great to see a good majority of the players from MRPL start playing NEPL again. Get back into it. Show those guys how we do it here in Maine!!
soheavy123
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top